Nominate an amazing Utah educator for the Boone Colgrove Social Studies Educator Award. Please consider nominating a secondary, elementary, and/or university level educator involved with social studies education in Utah. The nominations are due by September 15, 2016. These teachers will be awarded at the Utah Council for the Social Studies Fall Conference on October 15, 2016. Let us know about the amazing ways that these educators are improving social studies education in Utah.
Please consider the following when submitting the nomination:
Does this teacher do any of the following:
- Develop or use instructional materials creatively and effectively.
- · Incorporate innovative and verified effective instructional strategies and techniques.
- · Utilize new scholarship from history, the social sciences, or other appropriate fields.
- · Utilize the ten interrelated themes identified in the NCSS National Curriculum Standards for Social Studies: A Framework for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment as well as integrating the four dimensions of inquiry concepts from College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Framework for Social Studies State Standards: Guidance for Enhancing the Rigor of K-12 Civics, Economics, Geography, and History in their teaching.
- · Foster a spirit of inquiry and the development of skills related to acquiring, organizing, processing, and using information and making decisions related to both domestic and international matters.
- · Foster the development of democratic beliefs and values, and the skills needed for citizen participation appropriate to students' grade level in classroom, school, and community settings.
- · Professional involvement in activities such as workshops, curriculum development, committees, and other association activities, etc.
Submit the nomination here: